Smoked Applewood << an occasionally mobile blog >>



My status

Thursday, January 25, 2007

More on Recommendation Radio

My Recommendations seems supercharged today. It's taking me off in all sorts of unexpected directions. Recently played include the following bands I know very little about, but to my surprise am finding it easy to love all the same:
  • The Shins
  • Bloc Party
  • Interpol
  • Mark Ronson
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • The Ventures

It's strange, because upto now the system has been quite predictable, easing me gently away from my standard fare. Today's plays however take me far further. Not sure why. Did I tilt the database with one particular choice the last time I was listening? Is there a threshold of knowledge without which the database can do very little for you? Is it like learning Japanese?

Or indeed any language?

No comments:

This Blog © 2007-2010 Miljenko Williams as per CC Licence


Donate