Smoked Applewood << an occasionally mobile blog >>



My status

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Networks

I had an interesting conversation about networks yesterday. Cities built around a grid are generally impractical for moving about diagonally. Blood vessels aren't built around grids. When we network, we should take note of how nature has already done it.

If I wanted to find out more about music, I'd build a bloodstream, not a grid. If I wanted to be political, I'd be a grid, not a bloodstream. Music is movement, politics is immobility - a hard rock facing a brick wall.

If I wanted to learn more about political thought, and expand my horizons, I wouldn't go into politics.

I need to redraw my horizons. I'm more interested in the music of thought than the thought of power.

No comments:

This Blog © 2007-2010 Miljenko Williams as per CC Licence


Donate